Terms & Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for nomination for and participation in the 2023 Lexington Unsung Heroes Ball.
1. Eligibility. Only legal residents of the United States employed in the United States who are 18 years or older on June 7, 2022, are eligible for nomination to the awards. Only one nomination form is required per person nominated.
2. The awards. The categories are:
a. Lexington Unsung Hero Award
b. Emerging Hero Award
c. Dedicated Hero Award d. Lifeline Hero Award
e. Distinguished Hero Award
f. Support Hero Award
g. Community Hero Award
Further information on each of the categories is available at www.lexheroball.org
3. How to nominate. Nominations commence April 1st , 2023, and close at 11:59pm (EST) on June 15th, 2023.
Nominations received after that time will not be accepted. Self-nominees must provide two references in support of the nomination.
All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form, and sent by email to: email@example.com or by United States mail addressed to: 330 E Main Street #100 Lexington, KY 40507 OR by submitting online via the following website: www.lexheroball.org
Nominations that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incomplete, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible.
All nominees must have consented to be nominated and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All nomination forms become the exclusive property of Commerce Lexington and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Nominators should consider the need to notify the nominee’s employer before making a nomination. Commerce Lexington reserves the right to change the conditions of nomination, change a nomination to another category, and/or cancel or vary the awards process at any time, whether before, on or after the closing date. Breach of these terms and conditions will render a nomination invalid. Information collected both through mailing, the submission of the application through email or online and its use, is governed by the Privacy Policies and the Terms and Conditions relating to and posted on www.lexheroball.org.
4. The panel. The judging panel for the awards (the panel) TBD.
5. Finalist selection and notification. Each of the seven category finalists will be notified in advance of the ceremony and must attend the ceremony and related activities in Lexington, Kentucky on August 5, 2023, in person. The finalists will be notified by phone and/or email, by a representative of the awards and their details will be released to the media. If a potential finalist (a) cannot be contacted, (b) does not respond within seven days from the time a representative of the awards first tries to notify him/her, (c) the notification is returned as undeliverable, and/or (d) is unable to attend the awards ceremony and related activities in person, such potential finalist forfeits all rights to the awards or to receive the prize money, and an alternative potential finalist may be selected.
6. Publicity. On completing the nomination form, nominees grant free and full rights to the awards to use and publicize all information provided through the nomination process, additional submissions, correspondence, photographs and videos at their discretion, including, but not limited to, media and promotional purposes. All nominees may be required to participate in publicity generated for the awards. The awards reserve the right to use any entries, photographs, media and/or articles of the finalists of an award for promotional purposes. The nominees agree to the use of any entries, photographs, media and/or articles for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media with or without any further action on the part of the awards and/or the finalists, payment or other compensation to the finalists.
7. Governing law and jurisdiction. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and entrants and nominees hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, in connection with any legal dispute that may arise regarding any aspect of the awards or these terms and conditions.
8. Consent and release. By accepting a nomination to the awards, each nominee releases and discharges the organizers, the panel and any other party associated with the development or administration of the awards, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, sponsor entities), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the awards, including, but not limited to, legal claims, costs, expenses, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively the claims). Except where prohibited: (a) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any finalist, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such finalist for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the awards and/or others authorized by the awards; (b) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the sponsor entities of any and all claims in connection with the administration of the awards and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (c) any potential finalist may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. No person will be entitled to claim compensation for loss from the sponsor entities, the panel, or the organizers of the awards, for any matter in connection with the awards, including, but not limited to, a failure by the sponsor entities, the panel, the awards, lor any organizer of the awards to comply with the conditions of nomination.